By Ken Barlow
The progress this summer was somewhat slower, as funds were in short supply and the availability of our skilled restoration craftsmen was also in short supply. The three cellar windows with wooden bars in the “main block” have been completed and are attractive and authentic. Painting is almost completed in the historical wing with the exception of touch-ups here and there
Carpentry in the historic section to be completed includes four paneled doors, three stairway doors and a closet door. When we have the needed doors for the historical portion of the house, we will then be looking for the appropriate antique hardware. Floors are completely finished. Many of the hot-air registers are installed.
Progress in the 1940 wing is going very quickly as our volunteers have been busy. Murrie Gayman, Dave Mullen and Peter Klein have installed a reclaimed white-pine, old barn siding floor on the first floor. Many volunteers, too numerous to name in this space, and your Board of Directors have painted much of this wing. Murrie has designed and built custom kitchen cabinets that are very beautiful. Baseboards are being
made from the 1940 Moland yellow-pine floors, reclaimed and re-sawed.
Our extremely sophisticated fire and burglar alarm system is completely installed. The electricians are putting the finishing touches on emergency lighting and electrical circuits.