The Encampment – On July 31st, 1777, the Continental Army was marching on its way from New Jersey to Philadelphia. General Greene decided that the area around the Moland House was a good place to camp for the night. The Army was off to Philadelphia the next day. While camping at the “Falls of the Schuylkill” the decision was made to march to New York. On Sunday, the 10th of August, word was received that a large British fleet had been sited off of Delaware Bay. Again, the Continental Army was near the Moland House and decided to camp in the area. Moland House became Washington’s Headquarters. Waiting for more word of the fleet, the Army stayed at Moland until 3:00 am on Saturday, August 23rd. During that stay, the Marquis de Lafayette came to join Washington’s army. Count Casimir Pulaski also joined and the U.S. Cavalry was then borne at Moland. A Council of War was conducted on August 21st that included thirteen men of note from the history of our nation. Every year, during the time of the Neshaminy encampment, the Warwick Township Historical Society conducts a reenactment that includes the Pennsylvania 5th and many artisans demonstrating life in Colonial times, to the attending public.